Off the Shelf resources are an ever growing collection of pre-made resources covering a host of theories, topics and texts.
Each Off the Shelf resource can be adapted to work with specific approaches. They offer information and content that has been tested in the classroom environment.
Off the Shelf resources cover summaries of theories with illustrations and examples, student activities and collections of online resources.
Currently Off the Shelf resources Include:
- Media Concept Quizzes – slides containing questions and a second set of slides with suggested answers. (click here for a free sample: Ideology Quiz)
- The Analytical Method – Slides and Activity to help develop formal analysis skills
- Post Feminism – ‘Intro to…’ slides and an activity to relate ideas to context and media products
- Audiences and Representations Info-Sheet
- Representation Theories Info-Sheet
- The Contemporary Context (Info-Sheet updated for Sept of each year). A summary of some of the important political and social ideas that can be used to help contextualise the analysis of media products
- Audience Theories – Info-Sheet
- The Impact of Digital and New Media on News
- News Scheduling Activity
- Intro to Marxist Theory: Powerpoint and activity
- Intro to Post Modern Theory: Powerpoint and activities
In addition, passwords can be provided to on-line videographies and bibliographies for related topics.
More Off the Shelf resources will be added throughout the year.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, samples and prices.