Studying the media means keeping up to date with media theories, issues and debates. The AlbionMill Info Sheets offer theoretical and analytical discussions on a range of topics as well as advice and guidance on practical analysis skills.
All resources published from September 2017 are based on content required for the new AS and A Level courses.
Ideal for students and teachers Info Sheets cover contemporary texts and issues and demonstrate the use of media concepts and theories. Rather than focusing on specific assessment needs these resources help support the development of the underlying analysis skills that underpin examination and coursework success.
Click the links for further information on each title:
Vol 6 (Sept 2018-19)
- Music Videos – context and theory
- Using Structuralism to analyse media products
- Postmodernism Applied
- Intro to Studying Gaming
- The end of audience. An analysis of Shirkey’s ideas (March)
Vol 5 (Sept 2017-18)
- Introduction to Media Language/Semiotics
- Introduction to Audiences
- Introduction to Media Industries
- Introduction to Representation
- Using the Theoretical Framework - War of the Worlds
- The Carnivalesque
- Analysing Game Shows
- Post Structuralism: Foucault and Derrida
- How does Advertising Work?
- Censorship and the Media
- Identity 2 – communities and collective identities
- Science Fiction – a genre case study
- New and Digital Media: audience and institution issue and debates
- News Concepts – from news sourcing to news agendas
- Feature Article – defining and constructing this popular media format
- The Media and Identity
- Analysing Websites
- Here is the News
- The Naturalisation Process
- How Does Comedy Work?
- Conceptualising the X Factor - free download here
- Gender and Advertising: Crispello - free download here
- The Great British Bake Off
- Gaming: Narrative and Audiences
- Gaming: Planetside 2 Case Study